[.net] Freeware UI controls?

Started by
6 comments, last by itachi 19 years, 3 months ago
Are there any relatively reliable, freeware .NET UI component suites out there? I currently use Syncfusion and like it a lot, but I'm wondering if there's anything cheaper or more interesting lying around at the moment. I've googled around but the ones I've found are either in their infancy or too buggy.
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}
Advertisement
Would GTK# fit that description?
IIRC, Gtk# doesn't have designer support. It is a nice toolset, though.
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}
Designer? Is that some VS thing?

I think it does have some kind of RAD gui tool support. Isn't there a Glade#?
Well, if he is looking for a few UI controls that he can just use from VS.NET, it's hardly a solution to just suggest a whole different toolkit. I am very interested in this as well which is why I am bumping this thread, most controls that were actually useful weren't freeware when I was last searching for it.
GTK also looks horrid on Windows machines because it insists on drawing the user interface itself. Users don't like custom UIs!
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
Check out WxWidgets for .NET
We are now using DotNetBar, it's not free but very cheap: 189USD/single license without source code. I was looking at some other component suites (docking functionality was my main concern) and liked this one the best, because it has good design time support and is nice to work with from code. It's very stable for us, too.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement