good DX9 books???

Started by
1 comment, last by Rhino_Zero 19 years, 3 months ago
Ok... I just got done reading Frank D. Luna's "Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 9.0". I must say, I have read a lot of books on pogramming but this one was to the point. I liked it. But without much deliberation I ask if anyone has found a book similar in style that discusses more advanced topics. Mostly, I'm looking for something that explores animation API and goes into more detail about the addtional interfaces and effects files. I noticed these books: ::::::::: "Managed DirectX 9 Kick Start" by Tom Miller "Jeux 3D avec Direct X" by Laurent Testud (in French I do believe) "Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX" by Jim Adams (DX9) ::::::::: Also I have noticed an advanced version by the same company that published Luna's text. If anyone has read these, please let me know if you liked them. Keep in mind I am an applications programmer C++/MFC and I prefer to the point text- not joking and text full a levidy. I thank everyone in advance. Rhino_Zero ================================================================================
Advertisement
Hey,

I haven't read any DX books lately so I subscribe to the question above.
Where can we find an exhaustive description of the switches used for setting up the rendering path?

As far as shaders are concerned what is the newest biggest hit? ShaderX or what? And do they move from beginner to advanced with examples and code analisys and such?

ok, hope I asked good questions here.
Well if you want a good beginner book in DX9 try the one by Frank D Luna. It goes over the HLSL shader language wich seems to have a wide variety of abilities. I'm sure there are books that go into deeper explanation. Since Luna only focused about two chapters directly to the shader but he goes over perpixel and vertex shaders as well as the FVF fixed models too. Anyway. Take a look at it. As for comprehensive, I hope someone will come to our rescue.

Rhino_Zero

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement