• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
fguihen

creating seeking algorithm with info availiable

This topic is 4975 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

if i have my starting vector, the point im starting/currently at, and the destination vector,and a speed vector( just a vector with x=1,y=0 and z=1) the point im trying to navigate to, how do i use both to allow my charachter to arrive at the destination? i have been normalizing the destination and multiplying my start point by this but it doesnt work, and i have no idea what to do next . im trying to create a seek algorithm but i dont know what kind of maths i use to create a formula that allows my charachter to continually check its position and slow down as it nears its target until it stops on its target. it would be greate to find out how to do this as i will have to do the same kind of thing for a repulsion algorithm. sorry if i use the term vector instead of point, but i have the points stored in vectors so i just got into the habit of calling them that.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!