• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
meeks

Disabled menu item

This topic is 4969 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, I have a strange problem, perhaps somebody can help me. In a MFC application (MDI) i create a modal dialog box. In that dialog there is a treecontrol. I derived a new class from CTreeCtrl, because i handle a right-click in that control. In the message handler i create a popup menu from a resource. Now the strange thing is the menuitems are all disabled. I have implemented messagehandlers for the menuitems. If i change the ID of the menuitems manually in resource.h to a value that has been assigned before, the items are enabled but do the wrong thing (of course, because there are duplicate ID's now). Whenever the ID is generated automatically (by asigning an ID in the properties dialog of the menuitm) the item is disabled! this is driving me crazy. what can i do? Perhaps somebody has experienced something similar. thanks in advance, meeks

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!