• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

input simulation with directinput

This topic is 4797 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm trying to make something like a bot and I am currently using sendinput() but that stops me from using computer while it is running so I'd like to know if is there any other way to simulate input in directx like sendmessage(WM_MOUSEUP,...) and so (that I have tried and dont work for a game using directinput). Thank you

Advertisement
I dont work with bot stuff, so I may be off here. Let me understand, you are using input from a keyboard/mouse to control a bot? Why not just have the math run on its own thread in the background? Why is there a need for the bot to send keyboard/mouse strokes through directx? but if need be, goto msdn and look up pKeyboard->GetDeviceData() where pKeyboard is a LPDIRECTINPUTDEVICE8.

No, I was not clear probably. I'm not using directx to make bot. I'm making a bot for a game using directinput. The game is not mine nor I have the source code. The "bot" is an independent application simulating input in game window.
The problem is that I am using sendinput() which sends general keyb and mouse events. sending WM_MOUSEUP and WM_MOUSEDOWN messages to game window is ignored by directinput. I was wondering if there are kind of messages I could use that would do the same thing and directinput wouldn't ignore. Or maybe another way, I don't know.

Thank you

This topic is 4797 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.