• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

strmbasd.lib - linker errors

This topic is 4791 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Evening all, I've just had to recompile a C++/DX9 project I haven't had to touch in a month or two now. When I last left it, it was absolutely fine - compiled every time, no errors no warnings. However, since I last looked at it, I've installed both WinXP-SP2 and DX9-December04. Now my project doesn't compile in debug mode I'm well aware of the need to recompile the DirectShow base classes, and did so accordingly (copied them to the DX-lib folder) and made sure VStudio knew where the newly installed headers were. But I still get this:
Quote:
Visual C++ 7.0 Debug Build strmbasd.lib(wxdebug.obj) : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol __vsnprintf imported in function <--snip--> strmbasd.lib(wxutil.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___vsnwprintf referenced in function <--snip--> strmbasd.lib(wxdebug.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___vsnwprintf strmbasd.lib(wxdebug.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__wcsrchr referenced in function <--snip--> Debug/[DBG].exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
I'm pretty sure I dealt with this problem last time I updated the SDK and messed about with rebuilding the base classes. Something to do with (when building the base classes) to stop them from linking with something. But I really cant remember what the solution was [headshake] Can anyone here enlighten me and save me a whole heap of trouble? Cheers, Jack

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Coder
Mmm...Maybe this helps?

Thanks for the information... but (in connection to another thread I made last night) it seems that updating the platformSDK solves these issues.

I only had the PSDK that came with my copy of VStudio, which is no longer the latest and greatest. Guess something that changed in the latest version of DX-SDK began to notice that my PSDK wasn't quite upto scratch [smile].

Cheers,
Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement