• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

New to Direct3D9

This topic is 4883 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was used to Direct3D7 before, where the front and back buffer had a name and I could blt from tempbuffer to back buffer, etc. With Direct3D9, all the tutorials I have found create a back buffer by saying how many you want. I see no example of creating front or back or offscreen surfaces, where I give them a name, etc. Anyone want to help me out. I want to know how to create front, back buffers and offscreen surfaces in D3D9. Also is flip not used anymore?

Advertisement
In DX9, during device creation you specify the width and height of your backbuffers and the number of them. No need to define the front buffer as is considered the same size and format. You may also specify a Z/Stencil buffer.

There is no Flip() function now. It has been replaced by the D3DDevice::Present() method.

There are some tutorials in the SDK, the first one is about device creation.

Luck!
Guimo

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!