Issues With Dynamic Dll Loading

Started by
2 comments, last by SpreeTree 19 years, 3 months ago
I am encountering an interesting issue when attempting to dynamically load dll's on a friends machine. Unfortunatly I cant debug this myself as his machine is on the other side of the country! I am calling ::LoadLibrary with the relative path of the dll (it is not in the same directory as the exe, but in a sub folder called /Bin). Now this works fine on all other PC's i have tried, but on my friends machine the out put prints the following: 'MFCShell_d.exe': Loaded 'D:\Projects\MFCShell\Debug\bin\MarySoundFMod_d.dll', Symbols loaded. 'MFCShell_d.exe': Unloaded 'D:\Projects\MFCShell\Debug\bin\MarySoundFMod_d.dll' Now the above output is outputted as the function is called. Now as far as i understand, the dll is being loaded, then instantly unloaded. The question is... Does anyone know why because it has me totally foxed... Thanks in advance Spree
Advertisement
Just a guess but maybe the dll is missing other dlls it needs to load correctly (for instance debug versions of dlls only you have on your development machine - the _d in the dll name indicates something like that). Check the dll's dependencies using Depends to be sure.

Regards Martin
Fixed!!!

It was missing the fmod.dll file.

On with the show.

Jim.
If youhavnt guessed already, JimmyH is the friends who's PC it would not work on.

Thanks for the advice, I guess it fixed the problem. Bit of a short fall though, I would have thought windows would have prompted me with a dialog box saying the dll was missing, but i guess not. Something to watch for in the future i think!

Thanks
SPree

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement