• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Problems with Dev C++

This topic is 4798 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been using Dev for a few years without any problems, and Im trying to re-install it because my dad removed it the other day. The installation works, but every time I compile a file I get this error:
Quote:
Compiler: Default compiler Executing g++.exe... g++.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\C Campo\Desktop\test.cpp" -o "C:\Documents and Settings\C Campo\Desktop\test.exe" -I"C:\Program Files\Compiler\Dev-Cpp\include\c++" -I"C:\Program Files\Compiler\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\mingw32" -I"C:\Program Files\Compiler\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\backward" -I"C:\Program Files\Compiler\Dev-Cpp\include" -L"C:\Program Files\Compiler\Dev-Cpp\lib" Execution terminated
I was also having problems with the make.exe before I got this error. So a fresh install removed that problem but now I get this. It's driving me nuts because I have uninstalled at least 5 times and the same thing happens. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Advertisement
Never mind I found the problem. For some reason the bin, lib, and include folder locations were changed in my settings.

Oh man, I can so relate to that. My linker literally blew itself up the other day. All of my projects stopped linking and were giving me literally HUNDREDS of undefined symbol errors. I checked out the linker exe and it spat out gibberish ASCII characters interweaved with random parameter info. (Like you get if you run it with no input file.)

I was mad I was going to have to reinstall VS .Net but luckily I discovered on the first CD there's just a copy of the directory tree structure it creates so I could just grab cddrive:\program files\microsoft visual studio.net\vc7\bin\link.exe, but nontheless it freaked me out.

I made link.exe read only just for kicks now.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement