• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
wonyee

maya clip problem

This topic is 4885 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have a maya model file , and several "clip" files , each contain a certain action(like "walk", "run", etc). my problem is, how to programly connect the clip data with the model's bone data ? (using maya SDK) rather hard to describe due to my bad english. make an example: the model file has a character set named "character1" (maya file data) createNode character -n "character1"; and many joints, like "root_joint", "joint33"... (maya file data) createNode joint -n "joint33" -p "joint32"; the clip file has many "animCurveT?",look like (maya file data) createNode animCurveTU -n "character1_joint33_scaleY"; (maya file data) createNode animCurveTU -n "character1_joint32_scaleY"; and "character mapping" like (maya file data)createNode clipLibrary -n "clipLibrary1"; setAttr -s 138 ".cel[0].cev"; setAttr ".cd[0].cm" -type "characterMapping" 144 "joint33.scaleZ" 0 1 "joint33.scaleY" 0 2 "joint33.scaleX" 0 3 "joint33.rotateZ" 2 1 "joint33.rotateY" 2 2 "joint33.rotateX" 2 3 "joint33.translateZ" 1 1 "joint33.translateY" 1 2 "joint33.translateX" 1 3 "joint33.visibility" 0 4 "joint32.scaleZ" 0 5 "joint32.scaleY" 0 6 "joint32.scaleX" 0 7 "joint32.rotateZ" 2 4 "joint32.rotateY" 2 5 "joint32.rotateX" 2 6 "joint32.translateZ" 1 4 "joint32.translateY" 1 5 "joint32.translateX" 1 6 "joint32.visibility" 0 8 "joint31.scaleZ" 0 9 "joint31.scaleY" 0 10 "joint31.scaleX" 0 11 "joint31.rotateZ" 2 7 "joint31.rotateY" 2 8 "joint31.rotateX" 2 9 "joint31.translateZ" 1 7 "joint31.translateY" 1 then how to programly connect the clip data with the model data, thus i can apply the bone transformations to the bones in the model. p.s., i've already write a maya file exporter that can export maya file to my customized data with animations. but currently the animations are in the model file. The art designer want to export the animations to individual "clip" files thus he may reuse the actions to make characters with the same bone live... i don't know whether i should post it here. thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!