Running normally, then stepping crashes

Started by
2 comments, last by iMalc 19 years, 3 months ago
Using VC++ 6. I'm working on something that opens a window, and when I compile and run it (in debug mode) I can do all the things that I should be able to do by this point. It opens a window that can take keyboard input and when 'enter' is pressed, it parses the input and does whatever it needs to. But when I try to use the "Run to Cursor" debug command, without changing any code at all, the window starts up, an then it accepts the input and then when I press 'enter' the window minimizes itself and freezes up. Labelled as "not responding" in the windows task list. And this happens without adding or recompiling the code. One time I just run it normally, the next time I use the "Run to Cursor" button. Any ideas?? Cause I have zero.
[size="2"][size=2]Mort, Duke of Sto Helit: NON TIMETIS MESSOR -- Don't Fear The Reaper
Advertisement
Well the problem is that when you are running to cursor - I think it breaks at that part - so the app's execution is haulted. Try hitting F5 again to continue debugging and see if that helps.
God I hate when something like that happens.

Like when my code was crashing when run normally but when I stepped trough it it went over the crash point and worked fine. arrgh. Things like that happened to me more than once. I felt like my own code waged a little war against my self. Weird things, like just some parts of the code (within the same source file) just turned back to that same code but from a month ago (thus lacking some sutle changes a know I made in the past month of coding). Its like some fucking twilight/X-file source.
-----------------Always look on the bright side of Life!
Quote:Original post by Drew_Benton
Well the problem is that when you are running to cursor - I think it breaks at that part - so the app's execution is haulted. Try hitting F5 again to continue debugging and see if that helps.
When your program is paused it isn't responding to windows messages (because it's not running) so it will list as not-responding.
This can cause other programs to behave very slowly as well under Windows.
"In order to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion."
My website dedicated to sorting algorithms

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement