windows xp pentium 4, technician knowcked out opengl for me

Started by
12 comments, last by vNistelrooy 19 years, 3 months ago
to be honest, fiddling around with system compoents is a BAD idea, heck I know what I'm doing and avoid it.

Windows doesnt have OpenGL1.2, it has 1.1 and that DLL should be the one installed with the OS, the rest of the OpenGL subsystem is controlled by the video drivers.

If OpenGL is truely broken and reinstalling the video drivers dont work, then you can try restoring the opengl32.dll from the CD you used to install XP, and if you cant do that then you're going to have to reinstall and learn that you dont mess with the system compoents unless you know what you are doing
Advertisement
the TECH

did it
maybe so, but you are planning todo so now. If it was my machine or I had physical access to it i might be tempted to try to fix it, but only after a backup so that when i screwed it up i could just nuke it and start again.

and if a tech really has screwed it up then might i make the observation that you need to find a better tech in the future [smile]
Reinstall the video drivers and copy the original OpenGL32.dll from the WinXP CD to your system. You can't "install" OpenGL 1.2 on Windows.
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement