• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Ogre3D + physics

This topic is 4796 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all Me and a group of three others have a project coming in which we are to create a prototype/demo for a 3D adventure/puzzle (3rd Person) game. I have been looking at the possibility of using Ogre3D. It looks quite appealing and obviously meets one of the key criterias - it's free. I was just wondering what peoples opinoins of it were? Especially in comparison to similar products. Or does anyone have any suggestions*? (A lot of people I know are using QuakeII for their projects) *We'll be programming in OpenGL. Obviously I realise Ogre3D doesn't deal with physics and such which brings me to my second question, which libraries to use, ODE*, Tokamak*, Newton or Novodex. I must admit I haven't had time to look into them properly yet but any comments from people who have would be appreciated, particulalry when used with Ogre3D. Really, due to the time constarints, I would say stability and ease of use are probably the key factors here. *On the plus side for these there are exisitng ogreode and ogretokamak projects for using these with Ogre3D. Some of you may wonder why I didn't post this at the Ogre site but I didn't neccesarily just want the opinion of people who are currently using Ogre.

Advertisement
Don't know if my opinion counts as much since I haven't used Ogre3D nor any of the other physics libraries. I've only used ODE and I like it. :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement