• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Nikkio

about brushes in Photoshop...

This topic is 4967 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can I use Photoshop 7 and Photoshop Elements 2 brushes interchangibly? I mean am I able to take brushes from Photoshop Elements 2 and load them into Photoshop 7 and vise versa. I don't own Photoshop 7, but if elements can use the same brushes I'll be happy. If so though what about CS?

Advertisement
Well in my small experience with photoshop u cann load in brush sets so you are most likel you just able to do that, load them from the elements dir.

ace

Well, here's what you do, you look in Element's program files for the brush sets, and then copy them into Photoshop 7's brushes folder... then quit PS if you have it open, reopen it, and see if they show up/work. Having no prior experience with Elements, I would have no idea as to the actual compatibility of brushes from the two programs... my guess is they probably are, try it out for yourself and see. ^^

If the Elements brushes are compatible with Photoshop 7, then CS will be able to handle them... Photoshop -is- backwards compatible, right? >_>

If all else fails...

You can always just make individual brush marks in Elements onto a new image file, then save and load it into Photoshop and use the Define Brush tools.

Hope it all works out for ye.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!