Notes on The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

Started by
10 comments, last by Andrew Russell 19 years, 3 months ago
Anyone here have chapter summaries on The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy? I have 2 days to finish off a huge project on it, and I lost my copy of the book and am not able to obtain a copy. I would prefer a chapter-by-chapter summary so I know what event happens when and which character comes in at which chapter. The only problem is that I can't find any free ones. All I want to know is what happens in each chapter and which chapter characters are first mentioned. Thanks in advance. [Edited by - TheRealMastermind on January 7, 2005 2:03:31 PM]
Advertisement
That would be an insult to Douglas Adams. You could order the book right now and have it shipped over night.
oh hai
Or buy the BBC radio series, get the jist of it, and enjoy the whole thing in a couple of hours...
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
The only problem is that I am in an island where you can't order the book (or anything) online. I spent the last 8 hours searching for a copy, and couldn't find one anywhere.
Quote:Original post by doodle_sketch
Or buy the BBC radio series, get the jist of it, and enjoy the whole thing in a couple of hours...

The chapters in the book and the radio series is not in the same order, so that is not a good solution.
Quote:Original post by TheRealMastermind
... I am in an island ...

therefore, logically, the book should still be on the island [grin]
Quote:Original post by TheRealMastermind
The only problem is that I am in an island where you can't order the book (or anything) online. I spent the last 8 hours searching for a copy, and couldn't find one anywhere.
I wouldn't normally mention this, but since you're in trouble: there are ... ways .. to get a PDF copy of that book, using the Internet. Be creative.
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
You didn't look too hard. Yes, this costs money. Yes, that's what happens when you wait until the last minute to do a project and lose the book [grin].

Edit: More info: Seems to be 7.99 for access to the study guide, and they also seem to have an online pdf version of the book you can buy. Nevermind, the pdf is just another version of the study guide.
Sparknotes is free.

Edit: But it doesn't have Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
If you've got a more specific question ask. I know most of the book by heart, anyway.
-----------------Always look on the bright side of Life!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement