[.net] 'TextureLoader' does not exist in the current context

Started by
4 comments, last by DrGUI 19 years, 3 months ago
Hello, I just tried to fire up one of the directx examples and load a texture into it..except i can't seem to use the TextureLoader class..i'm taking the code right from the documentation

using blah.blah.blah.Direct3d

Texture texture = null;

//later on

texture = TextureLoader(device, "file.bmp");

and when the intelisence comes it, it doesn't come up with the TexureLoader class..the SurfaceLoader..the ShaderLoader..and lots others..i'm unsure why this is happening? i'm using the new Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta1
Advertisement
Quote:texture = TextureLoader(device, "file.bmp");

D'oh. That's because TextureLoader is a class, and you should be using the FromFile method if you want to load a texture from a file.

texture = TextureLoader.FromFile(device, "file.bmp");
Errr...sorry..yeah thats what i meant..i ahve that in the source

TextureLoader.FromFile(device, "blah.bmp"

same error..sorry again
I had problems with the new VCS2005 beta as well when I was playing with DirectX. Have you ensured that all of the references (Direct3D, Direct3DX, etc) are included as well?

I don't have that particular IDE installed on this computer, although I'm pretty sure that your issues are related to the IDE (unless it is the above problem). Try C#Builder or Sharpdevelop and see if they produce the same problem.

[Edited by - HopeDagger on January 7, 2005 4:36:24 PM]
This problem is coming from the fact that you didn't include all assembly references.
It does that sometimes in VC# 2003 if you have a syntax error in the same function, I think.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement