Need name for a 2D game engine

Started by
42 comments, last by Nietsnie 19 years, 3 months ago
I want to separate my game code from the 2D engine it uses. I made them together in one project but now want to split them. This 2D engine uses SDL and OpenGL and can draw 2D images, rectangles, lines and text, supports mouse and keyboard input, and also has a pretty advanced GUI and has tons of handy functions and classes. Since it's easy to reuse I want to split it from the code from the game itself and make a static library out of it, but I need to find a name for it and have no idea! Can you give me some ideas? Thanks.
Advertisement
AETSDAFFAI0SQ (A Engine Thats Super Duper And Fucking Fantastic And Its Of Stupendus Qualtiy)
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
LodeEngine? Just browse a dictionary (a latin one perhaps?) for a while and pickup up a nice name.
Ad: Ancamnia
YAGE - yet another game engine
"Black Thunder".

Co-creator of Star Bandits -- a graphical Science Fiction multiplayer online game, in the style of "Trade Wars'.
Quote:Original post by civguy
YAGE - yet another game engine

Yage - Yet Another Gameboy Emulator
Ad: Ancamnia
Pancakes.
oh hai
Quote:Original post by tentoid
Yage - Yet Another Gameboy Emulator
Maybe he needs to put it in a namespace. lode::YAGE
"Skippy"
Co-creator of Star Bandits -- a graphical Science Fiction multiplayer online game, in the style of "Trade Wars'.
The Shiva-2 engine, of course!
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement