• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Prozak

[web] mediaWiKi Admin Mod?

This topic is 4968 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've recently been out on a hunting expedition, searching for the right WiKi to install on my server, and I really enjoyed mediaWiki. The problem is that it has no Admin options what-so-ever, and I would like to be able to set only a group of people to work concurrently on a document or set of documents... not the whole intarwaabb!1!!!... Are there any "mods" for mediaWiKi which allow for a higher degree of User Admin, or other wikis out there that are more admin heavy? Thanks [wink]

Advertisement
You might be able to configure your web server so that some or all of its scripts require HTTP authentication.

That might be sufficient.

If you're using apache, consider using "Require" commands inside a <Files> or <Directory> element (or in .htaccess)

Mark

The only experience I have had with mine has been that you must go through the PHP files themselves. They nicely provided clear comments for each of the constants set in the language.php (I think it was). I was unsuccessful in completely modifying it the way I would've liked though. There's some information about it on the official site wiki.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!