What do you guys think of Java?

Started by
43 comments, last by kSquared 19 years, 3 months ago
Hey guys. Im a senior in High School and plan to go to college and get a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science. I'm learning Java and im sort of fluent in it. I know the basics and how to like make pics on applets and stuff. I use JCreator. Anyone know a good Java compiler? I have a bunch of questions so I was wonderin if anyone knew any sites with good tuts on how to begin programming games and such using Java. Anything would be a big help!
Advertisement
What do you guys think of Java?

I don't like it, but it's a personal issue.

Anyone know a good Java compiler?

Sun's.

I have a bunch of questions so I was wonderin if anyone knew any sites with good tuts on how to begin programming games and such using Java.

See the Forum FAQ and the Java Development Forum FAQ.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
I do not like java too.
I like .net !
dont like it, find it anyoing

keep using JCreator, i cant think of a better compiler
A compiler is a program that compiles human code into machine code (or in Java's case byte code), such as Sun's own javac. What you are looking for is an IDE - an Integrated Development Environment. I'd personally recommend Eclipse at eclipse.org.
I don't like Java for it doesn't support RAII(you don't have destructors).
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
I don't like Java for it doesn't support RAII(you don't have destructors).

You don't need RAII in Java. Everything's garbage collected.
Well, I don't like Java much. I'm used to C/C++ and I find java annoying, but I have to use it in school project...
About compiler, Sun's is probably the best (it's their language, so they should know, what to do with it).
I don't
For the 'Java-Like' languages (J#, C#, etc.) I prefer c# because it lets me use "unsafe" code, but I think that making online applets in Java that run on webpages is extremely cool, and will probably start using it more.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement