• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

OpenGL

This topic is 4790 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

OK... I want to use OpenGL with Dev C++. Where can i get all the libraries i need? I was at OpenGL.org. I am not sure what i should be downloading. I am not even suer where i should start. I checked out NeHe tutorials, but when i donwoaded the source, it wouldn't compile, telling me it was looking for glu.h. so i downloaded glut3.7 and extracted it to my inlcluds directory. but it is not in there. Can somebody help? BTW... if you respond with "RTFM" i hope you burn in hell. Anybody that helps is considered a saint in my book. thanks in advance.

Advertisement
glut and glu are two different things. Anyways, the opengl headers and libs come with MingW32 (which is DevC++'s compiler)

you need to include

#include <gl/opengl.h>
#include <gl/glu.h>

and link to the libraries in the linker options libopengl32.a and libglu32.a (-lopengl32 -lglu32)

thanks for your help.

that fixed it, but it is actually

#include <gl/gl.h>

thank you for providing a straight forward answer.

Quote:
Original post by MrBeaner
that fixed it, but it is actually

#include <gl/gl.h>

And to be even more precise, it should be #include <GL/gl.h>, since some of the operating systems () GL runs on have case-sensitive filesystems.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement