dilemma on wether to make this public

Started by
13 comments, last by raptorstrike 19 years, 3 months ago
ok i made a pretty cool DOS calculator (i know its kinda a step backwords from the rpg im working on but i needed a break) and i dont know wether i should post this here because i have seen it been asigned for homework in other places to code one and i dont want to help people cheat (in fact i got the idea from an extra credit project post) so what do ya think i should do? thanks[smile] EDIT:im a little confused why i have 28 views and no aswers, theres not right or wrong answer here its just your opinion [Edited by - raptorstrike on January 8, 2005 8:39:45 PM]
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie
Advertisement
A quick google search is more than enough for most people to find the code they are looking for, so I do not believe posting your calculator would change anything.
So what does your DOS calculator do?
Just post it. People can choose for themselves whether they want to do their homework or not. Directly helping them by talking to them is a different thing than posting some code.
---Just trying to be helpful.Sebastian Beschkehttp://randomz.heim.at/
The engineering department at the univesity I attend has an idiotic anti-cheating policy for some of it's classes. So I take great pride in posting the complete solutions to all my work on my web-site.

http://homebrew.icarusindie.com:2004/OpenTama/index.php?page=cse120

I post my work for various classes in a number of parts of my web-site. It's my work, I own it, I can do what I want with it.

http://www.icarusindie.com/DoItYourSelf/rtsr/ffi/ffi.binaryadd.php

I had that assignment but in Scheme. It's a binary adder that uses only binary operations. No +/- even for loops and all the logical operations are defined only with true/false statements.

If people can't figure this stuff out on their own, that's their business. It's not your responsibility to keep people from cheating. People "cheat" in the real world all the time. The answer to every question your boss asks is "yes, I can do that." And then you get on Google and figure out how to do it.

So yes, if you want to post it, post it. If people use it to cheat then that's not your problem.

I use the internet all the time to assist me with my homework. Most college textbooks suck so Google does a great job suplementing the book. I find the answers, make sure I understand the answers, and then do well on tests because I have a better understanding of the material. If I find the solution to a problem but don't understand the solution, I don't copy it. There's no point. I never turn in a homework problem that doesn't show all the work or that I don't actually understand.

That's as much cheating as learning how to do the problem from the book (which is often impossible).

OMFG, The above anon poster is KalvinB!

END THE LIES!

KalvinB is dead. Long live KalvinB!
how can he live long if hes dead?
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
his memory man
It has to be adked, do you know what Im going to ask, or should I post it? I think you can guess
www.stickskate.com -> check it out, some gnarly stick skating movies

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement