• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

managed DirectX

This topic is 4793 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So far ive only seen managed DirectX tutorials for c#. Is here a difference to normal c++ directx programming and managed DirectX c++ programming. I figured the namesapce and class configuration found in DirectX c# would be now used in c++ as well. Not the case? Oh and a question off topic. Is there a standard opengl suppor for c#(with standard I mean not some kind of hack but something widely used(also industry)). -CProgrammer

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by CProgrammer
So far ive only seen managed DirectX tutorials for c#.
Is here a difference to normal c++ directx programming and managed DirectX c++ programming.
I figured the namesapce and class configuration found in DirectX c# would be now used in c++ as well. Not the case?

Yes, Managed DirectX should work for Managed C++ just fine. However, it won't be up to speed with the unmanaged code for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Oh and a question off topic.
Is there a standard opengl suppor for c#(with standard I mean not some kind of hack but something widely used(also industry)).

There's no "official" OpenGL binding for .NET if that's what you mean, but the Tao Framework is a very professional-looking set of namespaces that includes OpenGL (as well as GLUT, SDL, and others) and is more or less fully functional.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement