Sign in to follow this  
OpenGL_Guru

GLEW and GLSL linker errors...

OpenGL_Guru    104
hi all.. i am trying to do a little GLSL while i take a break from my terrain project and i keep getting the following linker errors: i am using vc6 and i have the glew.dll in my system32 folder and the glew32mx.lib added to my link tab in setting in vc6. what am i doing wrong? i know i should go ahead and get OGL 2.0 so i wont have to use extensions anymore. hehe.
--------------------Configuration: glutglsl - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewUseProgramObjectARB
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewLinkProgramARB
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewAttachObjectARB
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewCreateProgramObjectARB
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewCompileShaderARB
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewShaderSourceARB
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____glewCreateShaderObjectARB
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____GLEW_ARB_fragment_program
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp____GLEW_ARB_vertex_program
glutglsl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glewInit
Debug/glutglsl.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

glutglsl.exe - 11 error(s), 0 warning(s)

gulgi    315
Quote:
Original post by OpenGL_Guru
this was the library that came with glew...

glew32mx.lib

thats the only one that i have...
Mine is called glew32.lib. Are you sure you have the latest version..? (I am using vc7.1.. but it should work with version 6 as well)

OpenGL_Guru    104
yes i am using the latest version yes.. what was the link where you got yours? maybe as a last resort you could send me glew32.lib. when i ran the build that came with the zip it created a glew32mx.dll which is where i get the glew32mx.dll from.

BlackBox    150
Quote:
Original post by OpenGL_Guru
yes i am using the latest version yes.. what was the link where you got yours? maybe as a last resort you could send me glew32.lib. when i ran the build that came with the zip it created a glew32mx.dll which is where i get the glew32mx.dll from.

http://glew.sourceforge.net/

Just follow the instructions inside the zip file.

OpenGL_Guru    104
well thanks for that site.. that is where i went before but now they have in red lettering about the latest zip file download that there were some errors in it. i suspect i may have just gotten unlucky and gotten this.. anyway i got it right this time.. thanks all for help anyway...