• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
try_catch_this

My new game doteater (a pacman clone)

This topic is 4876 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I been working on this game for the last month or so. Its the best game I have made so far. Someone should tell me if I am copyright violation for using 2 Zelda tiles. They are only 2 so it wont be very difficult to change. Its main bug right now is that certain people are not able to see the maps. The game is also playable online. (still in alpha but playable) Download here: http://raptor85.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=24 Pics: Its current homepage [Edited by - try_catch_this on January 15, 2005 11:30:08 PM]

Advertisement
well, nintendo owns the copyright on all artwork associated with the zelda games, therefore they own the copyright on that little bush sprite, so you are indeed violating their copyright.

Those tiles actually look like they're from the third installment in the Zelda franchise, Zelda: A Link To The Past. There were two Zelda games on the NES.

I just noticed that the download link directs back to gamedev. Why could that be?

I put the correct url in href tags but it didnt link to the correct place.
Here is the correct url
http://raptor85.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=24

I'm still trying to get it to run. I tried using wine on it, which I don't have much experience with, it popped up the self-extractor dialog. I terminated it after it ran for 5 minutes. Then I tried to use wine on GLDotEaterOnline.exe and it gives me:

wine: cannot determine executable type for L"****\\GLDotEater\\GLDotEaterOnline.exe"

A zip folder would be more friendly.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!