My new game doteater (a pacman clone)

Started by
16 comments, last by try_catch_this 19 years, 3 months ago
I been working on this game for the last month or so. Its the best game I have made so far. Someone should tell me if I am copyright violation for using 2 Zelda tiles. They are only 2 so it wont be very difficult to change. Its main bug right now is that certain people are not able to see the maps. The game is also playable online. (still in alpha but playable) Download here: http://raptor85.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=24 Pics: Its current homepage [Edited by - try_catch_this on January 15, 2005 11:30:08 PM]
Advertisement
well, nintendo owns the copyright on all artwork associated with the zelda games, therefore they own the copyright on that little bush sprite, so you are indeed violating their copyright.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Those tiles actually look like they're from the third installment in the Zelda franchise, Zelda: A Link To The Past. There were two Zelda games on the NES.
Its no big deal chanding the tiles. As I said there are 2 as in 1+1. I cant take me long to make 2 more.

But I want some comments on the game itself.
I just noticed that the download link directs back to gamedev. Why could that be?

I put the correct url in href tags but it didnt link to the correct place.
Here is the correct url
http://raptor85.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=24
Any chance of a linux port? What libraries did you use?
No need to port it to linux.

Use wine or cedega

So no other comments?
I'm still trying to get it to run. I tried using wine on it, which I don't have much experience with, it popped up the self-extractor dialog. I terminated it after it ran for 5 minutes. Then I tried to use wine on GLDotEaterOnline.exe and it gives me:

wine: cannot determine executable type for L"****\\GLDotEater\\GLDotEaterOnline.exe"

A zip folder would be more friendly.
Its just a selfextracting exe.

Since you are on linux you may not have seen winrar.

I will upload a zip file shortly (which will be way bigger).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement