Visual C++ .NET Standard 2003 unoptimized?

Started by
5 comments, last by Wavewash 19 years, 3 months ago
So I'm having to make the move from VS 6.0 but VS .net is too expensive for me so I'm thinking of picking up VC++ .net 2003. But apparently the compiler is not optimized? So that means that all my graphic apps that I write will also be slow? Can anyone shed any light on this issue and alternatives. I can buy VS .net through school but I don't think that allows me to sell any applications I make and probably will put up a big ol' message every time my program is run saying that it was built with an academic version. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ~Wave
Advertisement
I believe you can download the "toolkit" from Microsoft for free, including the fully-optimizing compiler (the one that ships with Pro Ed).

EDIT:
Quote:Microsoft C/C++ Optimizing Compiler and Linker. These are the same compiler and linker that ship with Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional!

clicky
Does that plug in and work seamlessly with the environement? What are the disadvantages of doing that?

~Wave
In my experience it did. I used it with VC6, so I'm assuming it'll work with VC.NET.
My big reason for switching over to .net is so that I can open the damned solution files that come with the dx9 sdk. I wish there was a way around that. Have you worked with dx9 and VS 6.0? Thank you for the help.

~Wave
VC7 to VC6 project file converter
*gasp*
You are my hero.
Thank you so much!
~Wave

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement