Sign in to follow this  

Another GameInstitute Topic

This topic is 4714 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am fairly familiar with the basics of C /C++ . I am planning to take up a course at gameinstitue.com , I have checked with what they have to offer and am pretty much satisfied with the introduction course.What i would like to know is that even though its completely centered towards creating games , do we actually get to create games there , or its just the spare parts , get the nuts and bolts - DIY. The thing is i have worked like hell as a beta tester and saved up enough cash to afford this course , its just that i dont want to go wrong with this one. If you guys have further suggestions/experiences regarding the same , please put them forward. Thanks.

Quote:
Original post by Harry_Gedia
What i would like to know is that even though its completely centered towards creating games , do we actually get to create games there , or its just the spare parts , get the nuts and bolts - DIY.

Piece by piece. The "DirectX 9.0 Part I" was a good course, although by "course" they mean a big book you download and print out yourself, so stock up on cartridges for your printer. Your timing is good, too, since everyone has been waiting for Part II for about 8 months... or more.

The course has a lot (lot) of good material, is very thorough, and since they are putting the printing expense on you, they didn't rush through it to save trees.

There's not a lot of really satisfying games you can create in a single class, although I still intend to do a Tetris in Win32 tutorial sometime in 2005 (at code.glowdot.com)

This topic is 4714 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.