The master MMORPG of all time

Started by
21 comments, last by RuneLancer 19 years, 3 months ago
Ok, I know I am a newbie and probably have no idea what I am talking about but think about this!!! While being an F- programmer I think I have an a+ in imagination. Ok, if all the programmers on this forum got together I think this could be possible please read over these plans and tell me what you think. If this would happen I think some people could get some real money off it. ^_- Well, I can't get the format to look good so I will post the info on my site please take a look at http://www.jteknet.com/gamedev.txt
Advertisement
I know it sucks, but if you're an "F-" programmer and you're working alone, there is no way you're going to make that. You're going to have to either set realistic goals or maybe not do this as a hobby.
Is this a joke?

If not -- If you're seriously concidering this, please do learn how to program first. Anyone here who would be capable of coding your idea, probably has their own projects and are just as capable of comming up with their own ideas. Sorry, but I don't think you're going to find anyone willing to program your game here for you.

You can, however, learn how to program your self and get assistance with that at Gamedev. Sorry if this isn't worded well, I'm sick and kind of out of it today.
pixelwrench.com | [email="matt[nospam]@pixelwrench[nospam]com"]email[/email] lethalhamster: gamedev keeps taking my money, but im too lazy to not let them
Well, actually I think I kind of made myself a little bit worse than I am {wink} I don't suck I mean I know QB but heck it's got it's goot out the door. I'm just now learning C++ I am currently learning aobut functions and actually created a program with it after reading a book for a night. If you'd like to see it it's @ http://www.jteknet.com/sap.exe.

Anyway, I was thinking a group of you guys would want to pursue that idea. I wasn't going to because I know I can't do it atleast not yet since I am still in console programming. Once I get to win32 it could be a different story. I was also just wondering what everyone's opinion was on the whole idea.
Quote:Original post by Xtremehobo
You can, however, learn how to program your self and get assistance with that at Gamedev.
Not to mention your math.
Quote:
Time is that of 2x what it is here (Example: 3 mos = 1 year hence you get a year older every 3 months.)
Is this a joke?

If not -- If you're seriously concidering this, please do learn how to program first. Anyone here who would be capable of coding your idea, probably has their own projects and are just as capable of comming up with their own ideas. Sorry, but I don't think you're going to find anyone willing to program your game here for you.

You can, however, learn how to program your self and get assistance with that at Gamedev. Sorry if this isn't worded well, I'm sick and kind of out of it today.

Dam, I'm already getting on everyone's bad side here. Maybe I shouldn't have posted that -_- Sorry you are sick... and no it makes perfect sense.
Quote:Original post by Brandon N
You can, however, learn how to program your self and get assistance with that at Gamedev.
Not to mention your math.
Quote:
Time is that of 2x what it is here (Example: 3 mos = 1 year hence you get a year older every 3 months.)

I just printed that out and noticed it and fixed it. There are a few typos. It's just an outline. There should be problems. I'm sorry about them though.

Sorry for double posting.
Well the standard response is start with a simple text game, so:
Start with a simple text game.

Yeah, it's not what you want just yet, but you don't start out writing things of such scope as you've described.

Why not strip awway all but the basics of this and try to make it into said text game? That way you could test your algorithms/ideas on some level and learn as you go.
Learning C++ is definatly a good start. You know QB so that'll definatly make C++ a bit easier to learn because you understan basic code structure. Someone starting C++ with no prior programming experience would have mor difficulty.

My advice is to just keep learning. It may seem frustrating at first because after creating a few console programs you may think, "Well now what? All I can do are crappy console programs!". Win32 will change that. Have fun learning C!

Sorry about comming across as being on your bad side though -- Didn't mean it, and after being around Gamedev long enough, sometimes it's hard to tell when people are serious or just joking around :)
pixelwrench.com | [email="matt[nospam]@pixelwrench[nospam]com"]email[/email] lethalhamster: gamedev keeps taking my money, but im too lazy to not let them
Quote:Original post by Brandon N
Well the standard response is start with a simple text game, so:
Start with a simple text game.

Yeah, it's not what you want just yet, but you don't start out writing things of such scope as you've described.

Why not strip awway all but the basics of this and try to make it into said text game? That way you could test your algorithms/ideas on some level and learn as you go.

I guess I did have ONE good idea ... I was planning on doing this as a text game first anyway. What is the easiest way to get into the win32 programming (without spending money on books) Can I get some advice on free ebooks or tutorials about drawing windows, sprite movement, etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement