Will Microsoft sue me if.............

Started by
24 comments, last by Shannon Barber 19 years, 3 months ago
Quote:Original post by robinei
All-caps typenames suck...

*applause*

Could not agree more. They look like encrypted password strings if you ask me.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by leiavoia

*boo*

Quote:Original post by smr

*boo*

*boo*s the *boo*
Quote:Original post by load_bitmap_file

*boo*

*boo*s the *boo*

lol

My *boo* was less about whether or not all-cap typenames are good, but rather was in response to the nature of leiavoia's comment. It was neither helpful or on topic. Essentially he was telling the OP that his way sucks, and he (robinei) has a better way (IHNSHO).
There's nothing that can keep you from using similar namespaces as DirectX (if your library or game had to be completely original, then Id could sue just about every FPS maker on the planet). The only thing copyrights protect is the actually product (i.e. DirectX), and derivatives of that product (i.e. DirectX 10).

BTW, I vote Pragmatic.
lol

My *boo* was less about whether or not all-cap typenames are good, but rather was in response to the nature of leiavoia's comment. It was neither helpful or on topic. Essentially he was telling the OP that his way sucks, and he (robinei) has a better way (IHNSHO).

Maybe, but they still suck :-)

Game Programming Blog: www.mattnewport.com/blog

.....Evidently we're split on whether or not all caps data types are bad or not.
---http://www.michaelbolton.comI constantly dream about Michael Bolton.
Quote:Original post by Khaosifix
.....Evidently we're split on whether or not all caps data types are bad or not.

I like to think of it more as: some of us are right, the others haven't been enlightened. :)
All caps aer teh sux.
As i once said, "It's not a fight, it's a reasonable discussion... and i'm winning."

:-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement