• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bug_aonz

Why do my computer reboot it self when i complie DX?

This topic is 5077 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i'm using DX9.0c,DX9.0 SDK(summer 2003) i complie a program that create Box then i learn with the code by change some screen parameter code.Some time it can reboot itself,why?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Blue screen of death?
Sounds like bad graphics drivers.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Believe it or not, mine did this because of a faulty power supply...

compile? no way, im sure you clicked on the "build & execute" button (the red !), and the problem is when you execute it.
If you just built the program and didnt run it, then maybe your computer of out of memory, or spyware, or something.
If it happens when you execute the program, then it must be because DX in general.
run dxdiag (Start->Run->enter "dxdiag" without quotes->Ok) and look for the error [smile] (WARNING: It is extremely possible that you'll get the blue screen again and it will write an error on some D3DPOOL or something similar. This is what I get).
Can you play other dx (d3d) games without the screen?

PS: Sometimes WinXP reboot itself instead of showing a blue screen.

pex.

I think I'll have to second the AP's remarks and say that it may infact be a powersupply problem. I had a friend who had a spontaneous rebooting problem when he put a voodoo 5 card (way back in the day) in his computer running with a 250w PSU. We put in a 330w and everything worked flawlessly.

There should be no software reason for a computer to spontaneously reboot except for absolutely miserable drivers. Do other programs that use DX give the same problem? Another thing that you might want to do is run chkdsk and make sure your harddrive isn't corrupt or anything.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!