Sign in to follow this  

Why do my computer reboot it self when i complie DX?

This topic is 4711 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

compile? no way, im sure you clicked on the "build & execute" button (the red !), and the problem is when you execute it.
If you just built the program and didnt run it, then maybe your computer of out of memory, or spyware, or something.
If it happens when you execute the program, then it must be because DX in general.
run dxdiag (Start->Run->enter "dxdiag" without quotes->Ok) and look for the error [smile] (WARNING: It is extremely possible that you'll get the blue screen again and it will write an error on some D3DPOOL or something similar. This is what I get).
Can you play other dx (d3d) games without the screen?

PS: Sometimes WinXP reboot itself instead of showing a blue screen.

pex.

I think I'll have to second the AP's remarks and say that it may infact be a powersupply problem. I had a friend who had a spontaneous rebooting problem when he put a voodoo 5 card (way back in the day) in his computer running with a 250w PSU. We put in a 330w and everything worked flawlessly.

There should be no software reason for a computer to spontaneously reboot except for absolutely miserable drivers. Do other programs that use DX give the same problem? Another thing that you might want to do is run chkdsk and make sure your harddrive isn't corrupt or anything.

This topic is 4711 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.