Sign in to follow this  

[linking error] - __gxx_personality_v0 - Dev-C++

This topic is 4717 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everybody... I have recently downloaded the new version of Dev-C++, and in many many projects that I try to compile I get this error: [Linker error] undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0' Ok, I searched for it in google, and in several places it said I have to use g++ instead of gcc. How do I do that??? Also, there was someone who said that was bc I had a C project with C++ stuff. Well, Actually I tried with projects from my previus version of Dev-C++ that worked fine (in the previous versions), and in this version I get this error. Someone told to open the project in notepad and change 'IsCpp = ?' to 'IsCpp = 1'. And in a GameTutorials tutorial (Pointers 2), with was already downloaded in a Dev-C++ version, I get several errors from #include <iostream>... if I coment it out (and coment out all the couts of course), it will compile fine. I opened it and it was already 1. Anyone know what is going on? Thanks!

Hey, thanks, but to be honest, I didn't understood it (just made a quick reading, I'll get back to it and try to understand). Also, I just found this at google (sorry for the editing thing, but I couldn't find out what post this was, and this is the link google gave to me). Tried linking to -lstdc++ like they said and still got the same error. I just don't really understand how the actual compiling-linking thing work...
Thanks for the atention tought.

Oh, and one other thing... does anyone know how do I use g++ to compile rather than gcc?? Have no idea how to do it...

EDIT: ops... at least for my last project, everything worked wonderfully once I hit the Rebuild all button...

[Edited by - algumacoisaqualquer on January 17, 2005 7:09:27 AM]

This topic is 4717 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.