Sign in to follow this  

world and camera space

This topic is 4715 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I have a simple app with a model at 0,0,0 and a spot light at 6,0,0 pointing -1,0,0. The problem is that when I move the camera, the light moves with it. How do I keep the light where it is? The effect I am getting is a torch in front of me. I do this (psudo):- Start the scene Update mouse and keyboard Set the camera Set the translation matrix to 0,0,0 Push Matrix Render Model Pop Matrix End Scene Thanks

I'm not sure where you have your lighting code now, but it is most likely in your render function. Basically you want to set up your light in some init() function where it is only set up ONCE. (Make sure the glLoadIdentity() is called before it).

I setup the light in the init method. It's weird, when using a directional light and a rotating model, the light seems to move along a different path to the model. So when the model gets to a certian rotataion, it gets lite in a ceritan way as thgough the light is moving....

If you're using OpenGL lighting, it's enough to just update light position and spot direction after you've positioned your camera (or anything that alters modelview matrix).

If you're using shaders, take a look at this (last few posts).

This topic is 4715 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.