Sign in to follow this  

Not Programming but dont know where to put

This topic is 4712 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there any way that I can hook two mouses up to one computer and have two cursors on the screen. And if i can then is there any way two windows can be selected at once so two people can work one two programs at the same computer?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Yeah --

Get Linux and X. Hook up a second monitor to a second head / video card. Get a USB mouse and keyboard, and a PS2 mouse and keyboard. Start two copies of X, each going to a different head and mouse/keyboard combo. You win!

Quote:
Original post by Tallshortkid
So there is absolutely no way to do it on windows? And is linux another OS cuz i dont think my parents would like it if I installed a new OS on our comp...
It is, but you can dual-boot with windows, so it asks if you want to start linux or windows when you boot up. Also, it seems pretty unlikely to me that windows would support that.

If i hooked two mouses up to Windows because I solved the first problem is there any way to get two cursors with two mouses on Windows?

Also where can i download a good Linux OS and X?
And what is X?

[Edited by - Tallshortkid on January 17, 2005 4:51:14 PM]

There is a kind of software out ther that allows you to do that (not with Windows). It has a special name (something groupware).

The short answer is that there is no clean way of handling more than one cursor/focus (how do you allow two overlapping windows be simultaneously in focus?). There is software for working on documents with more than one person simultaneously over a network, and as the AP pointed out you can have two separate windowing environments running.

This topic is 4712 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.