Problems installing SDL_Image and Sfont

Started by
4 comments, last by Joshnathan 19 years, 3 months ago
Hey, Yesterday I tried adding in a font library to my current project but yet I couldnt find the proper way to install either SDL_Image or Sfont. I tried messing around and this is what I got: Files/GnuWin32/lib/libpng-bcc.lib" ../../../../../Program Files/GnuWin32/lib/libpng-bcc.lib: file not recognized: File format not recognized make.exe: *** [sffkt.exe] Error 1 Execution terminated Is there a place I can download a devpak for both? I have a devpak for SDL_Image but it wont let me install, it says im missing SDL which is right on the devpak installer.
Mark St. Jean - OwnerWastedInkVwmaggotwV@Yahoo.com
Advertisement
I actuially fixxed the SDL_Image problem, but I have no idea how to install SFont. Is there a faq somewhere on how to do it?
Ah please somebody. If anyone here uses SFont can you tell me where to install the files it has please. Thank you.
From the SFont main page:

Quote:You don't need any extra libs - just add the tiny SFont.c (4K) to your objects!

Or if you like you could compile SFont into it's own library then link with that in your app.
When I download SDL_Image it tells me how to install it, and I followed it, I also added SFont.c to my project, and I still get a hell of alot of linker problems, them telling me that SDL.h doesent exist, I dont get it. No matter what I do I cant get it to work on the stupid project. All I want is an easy way of drawing text to the screen, that isnt the stupid cone3d example which is rediculously long for what Iwant to do.
if you are using Dev-C++, the sdl headers get installed in a different way like: <SDL/SDL.h> or <SDL/SDL_image.h>

Maybe that is the problem,
Joshua
-----------------------------Sismondi GamesStarted c++ in October 2004...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement