explosion

Started by
1 comment, last by krismort 19 years, 3 months ago
Hello Im making a bomberman clone and i need to make a explosion which is going to have the same feel and look as seen in atomic bomberman but i have no clue how to achieve this i've tryed with explosion sprites which didnt didne have the same effect and i thought that i might try using particles. I dont care if it works slower or anything i just want a visual better result. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to achieve this ? Regards Kristian
Advertisement
You could use tiled sprites. It would fit well into the tile-based bomberman map system. Just have a different tile for center, vertical explosion, horizontal explosion, and the four end points. That's all you need. If you already have rotation-capable sprite handling, you can cut it into a center, a line, and an end. Just needs some work in an image editing program.
Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"
sorry i forgot to mention it but its a 3D version im making so i dont really have any tiles in the traditional meaning since they also have a height. for instance of of the levels is a hill.

- Kristian

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement