Sign in to follow this  

Creating a Card Game/Site

This topic is 4711 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I currently am able to code in ASP so I do know vbscript. I'm wanting to create a multiplayer card game/site. I know how i want it to sorta work, but as for the language to use and how to exactly do it is what I'm wanting to know. I know I could do it in Visual Basic, but would that be good enough? Also what would I need to do this in Visual Basic, or would another language be better? I basically want what I would call a web launcher. Which is what would log you in, check for update game, also to make sure there is only one launcher and one game open only. I'll have a web interface, which is how you will change rooms. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

use the language that is easiest for you. then at least you know how everythings works together. I usually do that then I try to do it in other languages. are you saying that they use a web page to play the game. If so then you could use asp .net with visual basic or c#, c# isn't that hard to learn. Or you could use java, which is a little bit of a learning curve.

Well, you click on a link or a button which will open the room.

So I don't think it'd be in .NET.

The link just opens up a launcher which logs the user in and opens up the game room. It also will be the link between the game and the database. For rating/points etc.

So VB is ok for all this.

I've seen alot of other ppl's work on here and it's really good, But look at what I want it's a bit overwhelming. Not sure where to start off.

Guest Anonymous Poster
So you want it kind of like Pogo.com?

What I would do is, first create the card game to have something to put on the site, then worry about the log in stuff.

Not like pogo.com more like what use to be won.com which turned into flipside.com and now is gone due to VU not supporting it anymore.

So first start with the game then worry about login in etc. ok thank you

This topic is 4711 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.