ok,can you give me any more tips or stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obfuscated_code
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_another_Perl_hacker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphabetical_list_of_programming_languages
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L33t_programming_language
http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/

WILDPOINTER can be cool too :)
Advertisement
If you want to learn a real man's programming language, try Whitespace or Brainf*ck [wink]
ooh,a programming language with a bad word in its name. thats a sure winner.

:)

try l33t wussie
----------------[attention] [bawling] [caution] [cool] [crying] [dead] [depressed] [disturbed] [embarrass] [evil] [flaming] [google] [grin] [headshake] [help] [ignore] [imwithstupid] [inlove] [lol] [looksaround] [oh] [pig] [razz] [repost] [rolleyes] [sad] [sick] [smile] [tears] [totally] [wink] [wow]
Quote:Original post by Boder
If you want to learn a real man's programming language, try Whitespace or Brainf*ck [wink]

Real men code in binary. [razz]
please,teach me the way of the light ?
----------------[attention] [bawling] [caution] [cool] [crying] [dead] [depressed] [disturbed] [embarrass] [evil] [flaming] [google] [grin] [headshake] [help] [ignore] [imwithstupid] [inlove] [lol] [looksaround] [oh] [pig] [razz] [repost] [rolleyes] [sad] [sick] [smile] [tears] [totally] [wink] [wow]
Quote:
2)i have a firm grip on c++,and a less firm one on sdl.ive done some realllllly simple stuff,but nothing to warrent any intrest.no win32.what do i learn next

Unless you've written a compiler for that language, you don't know the language that well. Many will argue against it, but trust me on this one. You'll still discover stuff. Even if you read the API left and right, you'll still discover some standard-specific things. In short, there's always a better way to do things. I thought I owned pascal back in the years while in reality, I was at best an intermediate/expert. The only way you'll really learn the depth of a language is by writting a compiler and reading the spec. Keep doing C/C++, it hasn't gone away in 20+ years and is here to stay.

Quote:
ive looked at some programmer jobs site,and requirments have stuff like cobol,pthon,SQL?,XMLetc
and assembler
i have no idea what those are(i know what html is).
where can i learn these and other things.
i am very interested in programming and computers .

This really depends. What do you want to do in the future? Do you want to write games? Do you want to write web applications? Do you want to write firmware (cell phones, calculators, fridges) etc etc... I would first advise you to target what you would like to do and then look at what is today's norm language to do this. Then go and learn it. Either way, it's never a bad thing to understand more languages than you need. It gives you a better view on things and generally improves your programming design.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

This really depends. What do you want to do in the future? Do you want to write games? Do you want to write web applications? Do you want to write firmware (cell phones, calculators, fridges) etc etc... I would first advise you to target what you would like to do and then look at what is today's norm language to do this. Then go and learn it. Either way, it's never a bad thing to understand more languages than you need. It gives you a better view on things and generally improves your programming design.

ok,i want to do games and webstuff,maybe cellphone games

give me a language please
please?

im thinking java
A friend of mine is into making cell phone games and I think I remember him mentioning they are made in Java. Most web-based things that are fairly simple are HTML and PHP or CSS or another language like that. I'd look into those if I were interested. From those you can probably figure out where to go next.
It's kind of difficult getting off the ground, all you've gotta do is get started. I hope you're going to take the advice given here seriously and work on that. Computer Science is a field that requires a lot of concentration and effort. No one can really give you those, find them and do well.
Thank you :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement