Sign in to follow this  

Programming puzzle, quiz, - FPS,

This topic is 4715 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Please can u help me with this quiz ? This is not a part of any assignment, I am preparing myself for interviews. You’re working on a fast, action packed shoot-’em-up for a new video game system, and it’s very important that the game responds quickly, updating the action on the screen at a rate of 60 frames per second. Through analysis of the system hardware, you have determined that in order to update the screen at 60 frames per second you need to make sure that execution of the main program loop takes no more than 40,000 cycles per frame. You have the following subroutines that must be called to make the game function (each listed with the number of cycles it takes to execute). ReadJoy (2,000) ScrollScreen (10,000) CollisionDetect(10,000) EnemyLogic(10,000) SortSprites(5,000) DrawSprites(10,000) Assume the above code is as fast as its going to get, there’s nothing you can do to reduce the number of cycles each subroutine takes. What can you do to make the game run 60 frames per second?

This topic is 4715 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.