Announce - GLO1.02

Started by
4 comments, last by Dobbs 19 years, 2 months ago
GLO - Game GUI Library updated to version 1.02 GLO is a platform independent graphical user interface library developed specifically for games. It provides a GUI engine that enables game developers to quickly put together functional user interfaces on top of existing graphics engines using a XML definition. Example fully works with DX9. http://www.fscnation.com/~glo/ Toes
Advertisement
I've been working with Crazy Eddie's GUI but an alternative is always welcome.

My main problem from a quick look at GLO is that documentation is pretty much nonexistent. The doxygen is nearly devoid of comments and there aren't any tutorials.

Is the project GE supposed to be the example? When I run it I just get a blank blue window, no controls of any kind.
You really don't need to work with the code much at all since you can control pretty much everything via the XML file definitions including linking in callbacks to your code.

Make sure you've grabed the example assets otherwise nothing will show up.

Toes
Any chance changing the license from:
Quote:This license is to use the Software for Non-Commercial Purpose only.
yes, been on my to do list ot change up the website to make it more friendly and useable. Feel free to use for commercial purposes.

Toes
Ah stupid me, I just downloaded the source zip and not the sample. Got it now.

Slick, impressive stuff. I especially like the rotating text input cursor. Keep up the good work! Now to decipher the XML...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement