[web] Update of my web site.

Started by
23 comments, last by Tesseract 19 years, 2 months ago
Hello Everyone!

Thanks igni ferroque, thanks for all your help and for the extra offering help, and thanks to all of you guys that posted here, if I need any extra help I'll post it here. In the mean time I guess I'm going to be learning a lot of web development techniques for now. Thanks again! for the help!

NightDreamer
Julio A. Cruz
Advertisement
Hello Everyone!

I'm back just to post one more time, so that you guys could check if the source code is organize enought to be understood by everyone self that isn't me. I fix some few things of the source-code, although I haven't found an HTML-Editor that suits me, to my needs. Could anybody else advice me of anymore of their favoriate HTML-Editor?; Please!

Thank you!

NightDreamer
Julio A. Cruz
Hello Everyone!

I have a question, should I use tables to create navigational links or should I use something else like CSS?

Thanks!

NightDreamer
Julio A. Cruz
HTML Editor: Dreamweaver MX

Well you can do either. It technically is easier for the beginner to use a table, but if you want to see a css menu, go to my CMS development site: crxgames.com/spade/portal.
The entire top menu, is all done with css, even the disapearing text.

If you want to do it quickly, just use a table.
Hello everyone!

Once more again the web site design has been updated. Please, give your comments upon the new design.

Thanks!

NightDreamer
Julio A. Cruz
Quote:Original post by jumpjumpjump
HTML Editor: Dreamweaver MX

Well you can do either. It technically is easier for the beginner to use a table, but if you want to see a css menu, go to my CMS development site: crxgames.com/spade/portal.
The entire top menu, is all done with css, even the disapearing text.

If you want to do it quickly, just use a table.

I like the colors of your site but this is what it looks like on my computer.

I am using Firefox 1.0 and linux at 1024 x 768

I am assuming the validated box and the one above it are not supposed to be covering the news box.
Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell
Above.

I get a mistake of that web site, but not that bad. The logo doesn't display correct!

Thanks!

NightDreamer
Julio A. Cruz
Quote:Original post by drjulio2002Once more again the web site design has been updated. Please, give your comments upon the new design.
It hasn't impoved much. You are still using font tags (mixed with redundant inline CSS), and your text is broken up with hard breaks and littered with non-breaking spaces for formatting. Understand that most of the time the browser does a better job of formatting text than you do, and that when you try to interfere with it, you will break your site. You shouldn't try to format anything inside a paragraph. You should also use heading tags (h1,h2,etc) instead of specifying specific text sizes and styles for headings.
Free Mac Mini (I know, I'm a tool)
Thanks, I'll try to fixed those problems up! But, is the design Ok. I mean it doesn't look like a christmas-type of Web-Site?

NightDreamer
Julio A. Cruz
Yeah, you should learn some HTML and CSS, but let's start at the beginning, shall we?

Begin here: http://www.networksolutions.com
Then find yourself a hosting plan. Cheap and decent hosting can go as low as $5/month.

And please, for the love of God, don't cry "but I can't afford it right now!" If you can't afford $35/year (or $7/year at joker.com) to register your domain and $5/month to host it, you really shouldn't be wasting precious time building websites -- food and shelter should be your top two priorities.

I'm serious, add that up: $67/year to get rolling. I paid $12 less than that for HL2. And then I won't have to look at those annoying geocities weirdo popup ads next time you ask us to check out your site.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement