Should I use windowed or full screen mode?

Started by
13 comments, last by d000hg 19 years, 3 months ago
debugging in full screen is asking for a lot of pain. Windowed is a lot better, if slower. Options = good. There is little difference in the way to setup either one of those, so it should not be a problem to give the user the option.

Everything is better with Metal.

Advertisement
I think I'll go with window mode, as it is easier to do, like I could put more effort in for fullscreen, eg detect the right settings for everything, but window mode it does it for me.

And I want to get this game done, as I believe I can make some pretty decent games, I just havent had the time, and I don't want this turning into vapourware.

So i'll be taking all the shortcuts possible.

Thanks all.
just remember to make the window small or have a resize option
windowed + botom menu off screen = game ruined
Yeah, go with windowed, i remember my first d3d app, was fullscreeen, whenever i had an assertion go off or an access violation (oh man, so many access violations, my poor computer) it was a pain or impossible to get my app out of focus so that i could close it, and had to restart my computer quite often... :-/

basically *thumbs up* windowed mode
-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
In D3D there is absolutely no reason to not make both possible in your setup. My D3D encapsulator just takes a true/false argument at creation to decide what to do.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement