Sign in to follow this  

Need some Visual Basic 6 vertex buffer code (DX8)

This topic is 4714 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here's my problem: I have a large vertex buffer that I fill every frame. I had been using D3DVertexBuffer8SetData but I think I might get better performance if I could lock and unlock the vertex buffer at the beginning and end of each batch. This is for a 2D sprite engine so I have small batches and need to get this right... Does anybody have some code that fills a dynamic vertex (and index!) buffer using Direct3DVertexBuffer8 lock and unlock? I'm sure 'DXCopyMemory' is involved but haven't nailed down the right way to do it yet. -Jay

I'll see if I can find my old graphics engine code - I did that for a fire effect.
However I would highly recommend upgrading to Visual Basic .NET.
It didn't take me too long to learn the language - it was mostly a matter of gaining confidence with it.

Hi Andrew, thanks for your reply. I would love to learn some new things but this is for a commercial game engine that is 90%+ finished and my projects have some serious deadlines! I'm just trying to eke maximum performance out of this thing before thousands of people play it... anyways if you or anybody comes across the code I'd love to see it.

Cheers,

Jay

This topic is 4714 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.