game design

Started by
11 comments, last by chris g 19 years, 3 months ago
Anyone ever heard of Collins College in Tempe, AZ
Advertisement
Whoah going for the record of the shortest post ever...

ace

PS no sorry i havnt heard of it
Only heard of it because of its rather lame ads for its "Game Design" program, as seen on G4TechTV. Frankly, I don't put much faith in them. Every time I see an ad that says "We get paid for playing games... and making games," my brain rots just a little bit more (I then have to learn another six-syllable word to compensate).
thanks for th feedback. If there's anyone else out there with any info please reply.
I have a friend who went there and dropped out after a few months because it was complete crap. If you're looking for a good school check out Digipen or FullSail. I'm at Full Sail now and it's pretty damn good, so is the friend of mine who went to collins. he says Full Sail is much, much better. Good luck.
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
my brain rots just a little bit more (I then have to learn another six-syllable word to compensate).

Wow I could only think of two

Humanitarian
Utilitarian

ok so, full sail in orlando is a good school?
Full Sail is a very good school. So is Digipen. But Digipen is harder to get into to, although still not that hard if you did decent in school.
Send them back!
i have contacted full sail and am starting the application process. thanks for the help guys, anyone with any sugestions let me know. i have also decided to go with an animation degree, it seems to be more the right fit for me(dont really like programming)
-chris
good call man, some people get here and think the game design program involves putting pictures on a screen and somehow making them move around. It's actually all programming and very math intensive. Animation is a good way to get into game development too if you're not into the coding side of things. There are plenty of sweet animator jobs out there in the industry. Good luck, hope you get here soon (tuition is constantly going up here, but it's worth it)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement