Sign in to follow this  

Reviewers wanted for Terrain article

This topic is 4704 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying my hand at tutorial/article writing by writing a basic introduction to texturing a heightmapped terrain, going on to explain the system I use in my game engine and how I wish to extend it. I'd like a few volunteers to read and critique it:
  • a few 'experts' who know their stuff and have implemented a decent terrain engine, to review my technical content for inaccuracies and potential problems
  • A few people who want to write a terrain engine or are in the early stages, to tell me how easy it was to understand
  • Everyone to talk about writing style and readability of the article
  • If you're interested, a first draft should be done this week, please PM me with your level of experience. If you have work I'd love to see a picture. Thanks. [Edited by - d000hg on January 19, 2005 6:29:50 AM]

I still need a few more helpers. If you're working on a terrain system, particularly the early stages, this could be of benefit to you and your views as my target audience would be appreciated.

Anyone interested could you please post here to keep the thread in view?

I'd be willing to give at a read over. I haven't got any pics of my level of coding but I've implemented a brute-force terrain with lightmap a year or so ago. In addition to that I'd like to think that I'm in the middle of the crowd as proficiency goes. I doubt I'll have trouble following the article.

Thanks guys.
    I think I probably have enough volunteers now, but if others express an interest before I put it on the web (today I hope) a few extra won't matter. I'll PM everyone once it's up.

Cheers.

I've not heard back from everyone who asked to read it. Did you get it? Otherwise if a couple more people would like to volunteer (the 3 who replied so far were reasonably complimentary). I've actually made a couple of changes as well.

Quote:
    Original post by d000hg
    I've not heard back from everyone who asked to read it. Did you get it? Otherwise if a couple more people would like to volunteer (the 3 who replied so far were reasonably complimentary). I've actually made a couple of changes as well.

Well, I'd like to read your article, if you don't mind.

Regards,

Quote:
    Original post by Emmanuel Deloget
    Quote:
    Original post by d000hg

Well, I'd like to read your article, if you don't mind.

Regards,
    I PMed you the url...

This topic is 4704 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.