Sign in to follow this  

signalized intersection simulation

This topic is 4714 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello. I"m starting my final academic project(software engineering department), which is signalized intersection simulation. This project is done for very respectable software company, so I have to do my best (maybe I"ll even get a job). The problem is that I dont know where to start digging. I will try to explain about the project, and maybe you"ll give me an advise or two ;) The user will have the ability to build any intersection with traffic lights. The user will also have the ability to place SENSORS(anywhere, even few miles from this intersection), which will calculate flow of incoming cars. The program will optimize traffic lights timings, according to cars incoming flow. "Red light running" also must be taken into consideration. The program will also tell the user, where is the best place to place the sensors. THANKS [Edited by - cpp_boy on January 18, 2005 8:37:43 AM]

You could always try to build and train a neural network which will do the optimalization for You...
Best way would be also implement some sort of self-learning algorithm.
And... Couple of thousands steps to learn it;)

If You want some more info I could dig and send You some more specific info

Quote:
Original post by Zabbas
You could always try to build and train a neural network which will do the optimalization for You...
Best way would be also implement some sort of self-learning algorithm.
And... Couple of thousands steps to learn it;)

If You want some more info I could dig and send You some more specific info

Yes . Please send me some info. My mail is: akira2000@walla.com

THANKS

This topic is 4714 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.