Sign in to follow this  

DX9 dec 2004 with Visual C++ 2005

This topic is 4713 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to get my DirectShow program to compile with DirectX SDK 9c december 2004 and Visual C++ 2005 Express Beta, with no luck. The main problem is that I have a custom made Allocator/Presenter that is inhereting from CUnknown. CUnknown is defined in streams.h, which is in the DX9SDK\Extras\DirectShow\Samples\C++\DirectShow\BaseClasses folder. the problem is that streams.h includes atlbase.h which I can't find anywhere. I used VC++ 6 before and that file came with it. Any ideas how to compile this? CUnknown is actually a helper class for using IUnknown in DirectShow and you don't have to use it. Problem is that I don't know how to program COM objects and I totally don't know what ATL is. Please help me. WinXP SP2 DirectX 9.0c december 2004 Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition Beta Platform SDK february 2003 .NET Framework SDK v2.0

I see you have platform sdk which is what you need to for win32 stuff, did you set-up your VC++ 2k5 enviroment properly? i.e. bin, library, and include paths among to some other minor configure settings?

if not, read this

This topic is 4713 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.