DX9 dec 2004 with Visual C++ 2005

Started by
1 comment, last by Decept 19 years, 3 months ago
I'm trying to get my DirectShow program to compile with DirectX SDK 9c december 2004 and Visual C++ 2005 Express Beta, with no luck. The main problem is that I have a custom made Allocator/Presenter that is inhereting from CUnknown. CUnknown is defined in streams.h, which is in the DX9SDK\Extras\DirectShow\Samples\C++\DirectShow\BaseClasses folder. the problem is that streams.h includes atlbase.h which I can't find anywhere. I used VC++ 6 before and that file came with it. Any ideas how to compile this? CUnknown is actually a helper class for using IUnknown in DirectShow and you don't have to use it. Problem is that I don't know how to program COM objects and I totally don't know what ATL is. Please help me. WinXP SP2 DirectX 9.0c december 2004 Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition Beta Platform SDK february 2003 .NET Framework SDK v2.0
Advertisement
I see you have platform sdk which is what you need to for win32 stuff, did you set-up your VC++ 2k5 enviroment properly? i.e. bin, library, and include paths among to some other minor configure settings?

if not, read this
Yes I did. Then I created a new default win32 program, compiled and ran it, without a problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement