C++ and Allegro

Started by
2 comments, last by Stompy9999 19 years, 3 months ago
I'm using dev-c++ and the allegro devpak. When I first started with allegro, the compiler would throw a fit when I tried to compile an allegro program with C++ that used bitmap routines. Ever since then, I've been using C to code all of my allegro games and I was wondering if I could use C++. Thanks!
-----------------------------Play Stompy's Revenge! Now!
Advertisement
I can assume that it would use C++ considering they are alike and if you have a C++ compiler you can compile C code.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Looking for video game music? Check out some of my samples at http://www.youtube.c...ser/cminortunes            

I'm currently looking to create music for a project, if you are interested e-mail me at cminortunes@gmail.com    

Please only message me for hobby projects, I am not looking to create music for anything serious.
The problem is that you are on win32, and your compiler's STL or some other C++ libraries are inadvertently pulling in some of the win32 API, which has its own BITMAP which conflicts with Allegro.

Read the win32 specifics section in the Allegro documentation for more information and how to fix it.

Mark
thanks!
-----------------------------Play Stompy's Revenge! Now!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement