Sign in to follow this  

opengl and direct3D

This topic is 4709 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok i downloaded some game engines and some modding programs but i need opengl and direct3D to run most of them. how can i obtain them?? do i have to buy them or can i just download them. Also i have rhino i don't know if any one has heard of it. it's more of a comercial 3D renderer. can i use this it's a pretty good program and i'm quite fluent in it so it would be nice if i could use it.thanks for any help you can offer. tronald

Both Dev-c++ and Visual Studio come with the opengl libraries; you can learn about the Dev-C++ stuff at their faq; my copy of Visual Studio has the openGL in the platformSDK folder. You'll need to set up some links or #pragma them in to use them, plus set up some library folder directions in Dev.

The DirectX SDK can be downloaded from here, which is the first site listed under googling for "directx sdk".

Rhino : not a clue. Why couldn't you use it, if you have a copy?

HTH,
Jim.

well rhino has a surberb rendering program and a multitude of others flamingo for example i just thought that three might be a way to use that program as my renderer insted of opengl of direct3D

Guest Anonymous Poster
rhino is an excellent program, but unfortunately its not really useful for games because it is a NURBS modeller, which means that it renders curved lines to approximate surfaces instead of triangles. Although you can export your files from Rhino into different triangle meshes, you would be much better off rendering them that way to begin with.

This topic is 4709 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.