• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Snaily

'Track this topic' as a post option

This topic is 5260 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just a small suggestion here. How about a tick box in the post form that makes the poster add the topic as a bookmark? I mean, we have the "notify by email", but that is only for topics and probably overkill in this case.

Advertisement
One thing you can do is when ur viewing the topics withing the forum, just click and hold on a link then drag it to the desktop to make a shortcut.

ace

Quote:
Original post by ace_lovegrove
One thing you can do is when ur viewing the topics withing the forum, just click and hold on a link then drag it to the desktop to make a shortcut.

Assuming that your browser and desktop environment support this functionality. In any case, the OP presumably doesn't want links littering his desktop. For what it's worth, I think it's a good idea.

Dude, if you use Firefox, you can WRITE AN EXTENSION to replace the 'Track this topic' part with a checkbox, which controls tracking without visiting the Bookmarks page.

It's interesting how Firefox can change a website, just look at C-Junkie's extension for easing posting at GDNet. Just wonderful!

If you click the "Track this Topic" button on your screen (just above the top blue bar that has the topic title), you can build up a handy list of bookmarks. Just click the bookmarks button on the GDNet toolbar.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!