EA to lay off 50 - 70 Developers....

Started by
45 comments, last by EDI 19 years, 2 months ago
...boy with that kind of loyalty to the people that give you their blood, sweat and tears. give way for your fancy houses and cars and with the M-F 8 - 5 work hours i imagine those 50 - 70 spots will be filling up in no time... EA sucks
heh
Advertisement
Bob: Seems like you've been missing a lot of work recently.
Peter: I can't say I've been missing it Bob ...

The whole labeling the game "Goldeneye" really pissed me off, like they were trying to sucker people in to thinking it was really about Goldeneye as opposed an agent with a golden eye.
yeah they said that this had nothing to do with the developers on Golden Eye and Medal of Honor eh?? EA is becoming a hostile workplace in the work area and in the gaming community, i guess as well as many other competitors. they work their employees to bare bones with 15 min lunch breaks and 70 hour weeks but have to lay them off due to "reconstructuring the business".

well what does that mean for other developers? it means someone is going to have to make up those hours by working even longer days.

EA:
"lets see maybe if every person in the company can work 2 more extra hours per day then that will offset the 70 people we just layed off.
but hey...we give them free snacks, a swimming pool and a ms pac man/Galaga cocktail game in the hallway. "
heh
You guys should really boycott EA. I am, I never bought any game from them. I used to play some of their games, about 10 years ago, without paying (hey, there was no copyright law in Romania at that time, so it was ok). But then they started to go too far, aquiring game company after game company, and in soem cases destryoing them (like Origin).
EA's first loyalty is to its shareholders, not gamers. This is barely news, really; only would-be developers who had been hoping to, maybe, one day work for EA are getting into a tizzy over this. This is a "big deal" because it tells you that the industry you want to get into isn't as secure as you thought.

Aww. What a pity.
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
This is a "big deal" because it tells you that the industry you want to get into isn't as secure as you thought.
People still think the industry's secure? [wow]

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Quote:Original post by Raduprv
You guys should really boycott EA. I am, I never bought any game from them. I used to play some of their games, about 10 years ago, without paying (hey, there was no copyright law in Romania at that time, so it was ok). But then they started to go too far, aquiring game company after game company, and in soem cases destryoing them (like Origin).
You should be boycotting many more products than games if that's enough reason for you to do so.
Quote:Original post by Brandon N
Quote:Original post by Raduprv
You should be boycotting many more products than games if that's enough reason for you to do so.

i agree.
im boycotting things that have bad commercials.

:)
----------------[attention] [bawling] [caution] [cool] [crying] [dead] [depressed] [disturbed] [embarrass] [evil] [flaming] [google] [grin] [headshake] [help] [ignore] [imwithstupid] [inlove] [lol] [looksaround] [oh] [pig] [razz] [repost] [rolleyes] [sad] [sick] [smile] [tears] [totally] [wink] [wow]
Actually I am boycotting other things as well, such as Walmart, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, and, like Wild_Pointer_ said, things with bad/annoying commercials (a la Ovaltine), or anything advertised by Rush Limbaugh and the likes. Most of the time there are always alternatives to the products you boycott.
I want to boycott EA...but is it okay if I go out and buy SSX4 when it's made?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement